Passion: Show that soccer is very close to your heart and that very little can replace it. With everything you do, do it with utmost effort and go over the top with yourself. Good should not be enough! I want, I can and I must! Team spirit: Success is a team effort and only as teams are we strong. So: Everybody else in the team is as important as you are. Encourage yourself and do as much as you can to help others. Engage yourself and show interest in your team colleagues.
Openness and honesty: Trust can only thrive through openness and honesty! No confidence, no unity; no unity, no team spirit; no team spirit, no success.
Communication: Be open for discussions, mention your ideas and raise your objections and feelings calmly at the right point of time. You should listen to your teacher, trainer and coach or teammates if they talk to you, express criticism or praise you. Only this way you can improve yourself! Good communication is the heart of a team! Take your chances: Open your eyes, stay awake and be alert at all times - within a split-second an excellent pass might come your way to create a chance to score a goal! Take the golden and exceptional opportunity and make use of the education and training the SKW offers!
Pleasure doing things: "Also with stones put in your way you can build something beautiful" (Goethe). So, have fun with whatever you do, think positive. Only with motivation and trust in your own achievements excellent results can be expected! Carpe diem: Time is money and expensive. Utilize yours and that of those around you wisely and judiciously. Always be on time and with full engagement whether in training or in a game, at school or with education. Carpe diem! - utilize the day!
Discipline: Stick to the relevant rules, to the benefit of the club, the team and at the end of the day for your own benefit.
Fair play: Of course we as "SKW" would like to win the league and tournaments, but never to the disadvantage of fair play. Respect the rights of others, those of the opponent and challenger; make exclusively use of your talent, strong will and team spirit to conquer your competitor.
Respect and self-esteem: Respect and appreciate behavior, opinion and attitude of teammates, referees, coaches, trainers and opponents irrespective whether you go accord with them.
SPORT KLUB WINDHOEK SKW Football Academy
all Rights reserved - SKW Webmaster 2022
All SK Windhoek teams reaches semis in Swakopmund. SKW u/15 above and SKW u/11 (left) at the annual SFC Tournament at the coastal town Swakopmund.
1. SKW Football Academy (SKWFA) training officially resumes on 17 January 2023 for the U7 to U17 age groups.
Bambini training starts again on 2 February 2023 The SKWFA training schedule on this website depicts the training times for the different age groups (Bambini, U7, U9, U11, U13, U15, U17, U19). Training times might still change.
3. All application forms must be handed in by putting them in the box provided just outside the entrance of the SKW Football Office during the first week of training. No applications will be processed before 17 January 2023.
4. All application forms must be submitted fully filled in and signed by one of the player's parents/guardians. Incomplete application forms will not be accepted.
5. All players who have been with the SKWFA during 2022 must submit a 2023 application form as well.
6. All players need to firmly attach three certified copies of their full birth certificate and three recent passport photos to their application form for their application to be complete.
7. As the SKWFA is quite booked for some of the age groups already, not all new applications might be accepted. The coaches of the respective age groups will be informing each new player at the end of the second week of training whether he/she was accepted to join the SKWFA or not.
8. To increase their chances of being accepted, all new players must arrive at training on time and attend all training sessions during the first two weeks of training.
9. Please note that, payment of a first instalment is required on application. This means that no application will be processed without at least the initial instalment, as indicated on the application form. Please attach a copy of your payment confirmation to your application form. Payment has to be made via EFT. No cash or eWallet payments are permitted.
10. The SKWFA banking details are printed on the application form. Please ensure to include the correct reference, as per the example. Payment confirmations can be dropped in the box outside the SKW Football Office or emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
11. NB Please note that no player will be allowed to register if there are any fees outstanding for 2022!!!
The RFS SKW Youth Football Tournament will once again take place from the 1st till the 3rd of April. After the recent relaxation of attendance numbers for sporting events it will be the first time in 3 years that the tournament will be staged with the usual number of teams.
Around 65 teams in the age groups U7 till U17, from 12 youth academies, will partake. The longstanding tournament sponsor, Retirement Fund Solutions, will once again support the SKW and youth football in general and is expecting the usual high standard the teams have become accustomed to in the past.
Foto - vLnR Kai Friedrich (RFS Direktor) , Sharika Skoppelitus (Direktorin Kundendienste) und Vincent Molzahn (SKW Fussball Vorsitzender)
SK Windhoek u/11 & u/15 - Champions of the Genesis Tournament 2021